January 7, 2012

I am blogged.

A very pleasant cap to my (momentary?) tangent into all things Lewis & Clark occured recently when Atlanta writer, therapist, and food critic Cliff Bostock indeed blogged my blog.  How meta!  He picked up my post Omnivore's Delight; Or, A short history of dog eating in North America and linked it - with his own related content - on the blog he does for local indie paper Creative Loafing's online presence.  His blog also happens to be called Omnivore, and I'll say that if titular coincidence is what it takes to get noticed, then my next posts might very well incorporate in their titles words like The New Yorker, Utne Reader, NPR.  Otherwise, I am ecstatic to have a little attention:  his post was in turn re-tweeted six times.  Apparently the reading public is not as widely fascinated in funky dietary habits of the early 19th century as I'd have thought.  Go figure.



You can check out the column in its full breadth, and I highly recommend it, on the Creative Loafing website, here at When men were men and dogs were tastyLikewise, you can peruse the orignal Amicus post here: Omnivore's delight...

- a.t.s.




No comments:

Post a Comment